Sunday, September 2, 2007

depressingly accurate

my Mum called by to help out last week- i was hiding under a kids sized blanket in the corner of the sofa with a shivery fever flu type bug ... kiddos running riot (if you can call 24/7 of Playhouse disney a riot)...

"sorry Mum, i was caught up with the washing, and then i wasn't" i groan as she tackels a mountain of folding, all the while balancing a kiddo off each leg...

"that's ok dear, you'll never catch up on the washing"

i think she was trying to be reasuring.

2 comments:

mrsdebus said...

Hi Jo...Sounds like you don't need to apologise to your Mum, Jo. My heart tells me the kids are more important, but the voice in my head is still shouting, "Clean your messy (filthy) home!!". Do keep writing, and I will keep checking here :0) Shell (in NZ) (lol)

Johanna Knox said...

lol. I love it. I like the sound of your mum.